ln a 1994 issue of the magazine Ahlan was-Sahalan, an
article by Dr. Hassan Shamsi Basha was printed, entitled, Twenty ways to avoid anxiety.
The following points are summarized from the article:
l. The length of your life has already been decided
upon, for everything takes place according to preordainment and decree. So there
is no need to feel anxious in that regard.
2. The decision of how much sustenance any one of us
receives is with Allah alone: no one else owns that sustenance or has the power
to take it from you.
3. The past is gone and has taken with it its woes and
miseries. It cannot return even if the whole of mankind worked as one unit to bring
4. The future is from the unseen world and has not yet
arrived. It brings with it matters, showing no regard to your permission or feelings,
so do not call it forth until it actually arrives.
5. Doing good to others brings happiness to both the
heart and the soul. A good deed provides greater benefits to the benefactor ---
in tenns of blessings and recompense and peace --- than it does to the receiver.
6. Among the noble qualities of the believer is that
he doesn't concern himself with spurious criticism. No one has been saved from curses
and criticism, not even Allah, the Lord of all that exists, who is perfect and