1. Know that if you do not live within the scope of
today, your thoughts will be scattered, your affairs will become confused, and your
worrying will increase ---- these realities explain the hadith:
"When you are in the morning, do not expect to
see the evening, and when you are in the evening, do not expect to see the morning."
2. Forget the past and all that it contained. Being
absorbed in things that are gone is sheer lunacy.
3. Do not be preoccupied with the future. Because the
future is in the world of the unseen, do not let it bother you until it comes.
4. Do not be shaken by criticism; instead, be firm.
And know that, in proportion to your worth, the level of people’s criticism
5. Faith in Allah and good deeds: these are the
ingredients that make up a good and happy life.
6. Whoever desires peace, tranquility, and comfort can
find it all in the remembrance of Allah.
7. You should know with certainty that everything that
happens, occurs in accordance with a divine decree.
8. Do not expect gratitude from anyone.
9. Train yourself to be ready and prepared for the
10. Perhaps what has happened is in your best interest
(though you may not comprehend how that is so).
11. Everything that is decreed for the Muslim is best
12. Enumerate the blessings of Allah and be thankful
13. You are better off than many others.
14. Relief comes from one hour to the next.
15. In both times of hardship and ease, one should turn
to supplication and prayer.
16. Calamities should strengthen your heart and
reshape your outlook in a positive sense.
17. Indeed, with each difficulty there is relief
18. Do not let trifles be the cause of your
19. Indeed, your Lord is Oft-Forgiving.
20. Do not be angry;. Do not be ang1y... Do not be
21. Life is bread, water, and shade; so do not be
perturbed by a lack of any other material thing. And in the heaven is your provision,
and that which you are promised. (Qur’an 51: 22)
22. Most evil that is supposed to happen never occurs.
23. Look at those who are afflicted and be thankful.
24. When Allah loves a people, He makes them endure
25. You should constantly repeat those supplications
that the Prophet (bpuh) taught us to say during times of hardship.
26. Work hard at something that is productive, and
cast off idleness.
27. Don’t spread rumors and don’t listen to them. If
you hear a rumor inadvertently, then don’t believe it.
28. Your malice and your striving to seek revenge are
much more harmful to your health than they are to your antagonist.
29. The hardships that befall you atone for your sins.