CHAPTER No: 52
Do not say As-Salam (Peace and Security) upon Allah
It is reported in As-Sahih (Al-Bukhari) and Muslim from Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) He said:
Whenever we offered Salat (prayer) behind the Prophet (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) we used to recite (in sitting) "As-Salam (the peace) be on Allah from His slaves. As-Salam (the peace) be on such and such people." The Prophet (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) guided us by saying: "Do not say `As-Salam 'ala-Allah -the peace be on Allah', for Allah Himself is As-Salam (the Peace)."
Important issues of the Chapter
- Explanation ofAs-Salam(the peace).
- As-Salam(the peace) is a greeting or salutation.
- As-Salamis not proper to use for Allah.
- The reason being Allah Himself isAs-Salam(the Peace).
- The Prophet (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) taught the Companions (May Allah be pleased with him) the invocation in the way it should be offered to Allah.