CHAPTER No: 13
To seek Refuge in other than Allah
is a part of Shirk
Allah the Most Exalted said:
"And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the male jinns, but they (jinns) increased them (mankind) in sin and disbelief"
Muslim reports that Khawlah bint Hakim ((May Allah be pleased with him)) said, I heard Allah's (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) say:
"Whoever goes into a dwelling and says (while entering it): 'I seek refuge in Allah's perfect words from the evil (of those creatures) which He created', no harm shall befall him until he departs from that place." (Muslim)
Important issues of the Chapter
1) Explanation of the verse from Surah Al-Jinn (72:6).
2) Seeking refuge in others than Allah is a part of Shirk (polytheism).
3) Using this Hadith as a proof: For, the scholars use it to prove that the Words of Allah are not creatures. They say this because to seek refuge in creatures is Shirk.
4) The superiority of this invocation despite its being short.
5) Though it may be that one can achieve some worldly benefit from a thing, as prevention from a harm or evil, or gaining some advantage or good, but it does not mean that it (dependence on such) is not Shirk.